Roanoke Valley GENERAC Generator Dealer
GENERAC SERVICE - PARTS - INSTALLATION
Generators restore normal electricity supply to your home in the event that the electricity supply is interrupted from the utility company or the result of severe weather. These generators are fueled by Natural Gas or Propane to give you continuous automatic operation without having to worry with refilling a fuel tank. These generators will automatically supply power to your home or office even while your away.
The following is my 25 point Preventive Maintenance Checklist for Air-Cooled Generators:
Generac Preventive Maintenance & Warranty Dealer
Generac recommends having your new generator serviced after the break-in period from 8 to 20 hours of use or at 1 year. This includes changing the oil and filter, checking and adjusting the valve clearance, clean spart plugs, voltage adjustment, frequency adjustment and a overall inspection. Then have yearly preventive maintenance done not to exceed 200 hours between oil changes. We provide maintenance and factory warranty service for Generac Air-Cooled home standby generators from 7KW to 20KW and liquid cooled gaseous units to 150KW. The following brands are made and warranted by Generac.: Lowes Centurian, Sears, Carrier, Eaton, Siemens and Honeywell.
Yearly Maintenance costs for Air-Cooled Generators 7 KW to 22KW
Includes everything in the 25 point checklist............................$225.00
plus mileage for over 20 miles.
- - Clean inside and out
- - Wax outside
- - Wipe protective coating on rubber bellows and hoses.
- - Change oil (5W-30 Mobile 1)
- - New Generac Oil filter
- - Update firmware on EVO panels
- - Check and (or) replace Air Cleaner
- - Clean and (or) replace Spark Plugs: and gap.
- - Check Voltage (approx. 240 volts).
- - Check Frequency 60 HZ.
- - Check automatic operation
- - Check and write down run time hours.
- - Check and write down CCA on battery if below 440 CCA then replace battery.
- - Spray terminal protector on battery.
- - Adjust valves on generators that run rough or break-in Maintenance is being done.
- - Check fuel pressure (5-7 W.C. for NG and 11-14 W.C. for LP)
- - Fuel line inspection
- - Check choke operation.
- - Check to make sure Circuit Breaker is ON.
- - Check to make sure generator is set to AUTO before leaving.
- - Reset Maintenance (yellow light)
- - Make sure both plug wires are connected.
- - Check battery connections. Tighten and spray with anti-corrosion.
- - Install maintenance tag. Record what was done on tag: new oil, new oil filter, air filter, new plugs, CCA of battery or new battery, hours, date.
- - Re-check oil level and tighten oil Cap
- Additional items for Liquid-Cooled gernartors 22 KW - 150 KW
- Generac recommends a new battery every 2-3 years. Usually 3-4 years it fine as long as Cold Cranking Amps is above 440 CCA.
We also provide maintenance and repairs on Generac liquid-cooled natural gas and propane generators up to 150 KW. Most are $325.00 plus mileage for over 20 miles.
|Take a look at the Generac full line of generators Here.
Click Here to see pictures of recent installs.